Dr. Emebet special dental clinic is proud to announce the opening of the first of it’s kind maxillofacial surgery clinic in Ethiopia. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, traumatic injuries, and developmental or genetic deformities of the face, mouth, dentition, jaws and neck. Functional, pathologic and cosmetic problems are managed by these physicians.
- Dentoalveolarsurgery (surgery to remove impacted teeth, difficult tooth extractions, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or preprosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of implants, dentures, or other dental prostheses)
- Surgery to insert osseointegrated (bone fused) dental implantsand maxillofacial implants for attaching craniofacial prostheses and bone anchored hearing aids.
- Cosmetic surgeryof the head and neck: (rhytidectomy/facelift, browlift, blepharoplasty/Asian blepharoplasty, otoplasty, rhinoplasty, septoplasty, cheek augmentation, chin augmentation, neck liposuction, lip enhancement, injectable cosmetic treatments, botox, chemical peel)
- Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery), surgical treatment and/or splinting of sleep apnea, maxillomandibular advancement, genioplasty
- Diagnosis and treatment of:
- benignpathology (cysts, tumors)
- malignantpathology (oral & head and neck cancer) with (ablative and reconstructive surgery, microsurgery)
- cutaneous malignancy (skin cancer), lip reconstruction
- congenitalcraniofacial malformations such as cleft lip and palate and cranial vault malformations such as craniosynostosis, (craniofacial surgery)
- chronic facial pain disorders
- temporomandibularjoint (TMJ) disorders
- Dysgnathia (incorrect bite), and orthognathic (literally “straight bite”) reconstructive surgery, orthognathic surgery, maxillomandibular advancement, surgical correction of facial asymmetry.
- soft and hard tissue trauma of the oral and maxillofacial region (jaw fractures, cheek bone fractures, nasalfractures, LeFort fracture, skull fractures and eye socketfractures).
Details of all procedures with pictures
1. Dentoalveolar surgery
(surgery to remove impacted teeth, difficult tooth extractions, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or preprosthetic surgery to provide better anatomy for the placement of implants, dentures, or other dental prostheses)2
2. Surgery to insert osseointegrated (bone fused) dental implants
Rhytidectomy/facelift is a type of cosmetic surgery procedure used to give a more youthful facial appearance. There are multiple surgical techniques. It usually involves the removal of excess facial skin, with or without the tightening of underlying tissues, and the redraping of the skin on the patient’s face and neck. Facelifts are effectively combined with eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) and other facial procedures and are typically performed under general anesthesia or deep twilight sleep.
4. brow lift
is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to elevate a drooping eyebrow that may obstruct vision and/or to remove the deep “worry” lines that run across the forehead and may portray to others anger, sternness, hostility, fatigue or other unintended emotions
is the plastic surgery operation for correcting defects, deformities, and disfigurations of the eyelids; and for aesthetically modifying the eye region of the face. With the excision and the removal, or the repositioning (or both) of excess tissues, such as skin and adipocyte fat, and the reinforcement of the corresponding muscle and tendon tissues, the blepharoplasty procedure resolves functional and cosmetic problems of the periorbita, which is the area from the eyebrow to the upper portion of the cheek.
A nose job, is a plastic surgery procedure for correcting and reconstructing the form, restoring the functions, and aesthetically enhancing the nose, by resolving nasal trauma(blunt, penetrating, blast), congenital defect, respiratory impediment, or a failed primary rhinoplasty
Denotes the surgical and non-surgical procedures for correcting the deformities and defects of the pinna (external ear), and for reconstructing a defective, or deformed, or absent external ear, consequent to congenital conditions (e.g. microtia, anotia, etc.) and trauma (blunt, penetrating, or blast)
Septoplasty is a surgical procedure to correct a deviated nasal septum — a displacement of the bone and cartilage that divides your two nostrils. During septoplasty, your nasal septum is straightened and re positioned in the middle of your nose
9. Cheek augmentation
Cheek augmentation is a cosmetic surgical procedure that is intended to emphasize the cheeks on a person’s face
10. chin augmentation
Chin augmentation using surgical implants can alter the underlying structure of the face, providing better balance to the facial features. The specific medical terms mentoplasty and genioplasty are used to refer to the reduction and addition of material to a patient’s chin.
11. Neck liposuction (fat removal)
12. Lip enhancement
13. Chemical peel
A chemical peel is a body treatment technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the skin, often facial skin, using a chemicalsolution that causes the dead skin to slough off and eventually peel off